Thursday, January 6, 2011

My head is spinning

I feel like I was hurtled into 2011 through a time warp. There is SO much going on. Babies, weddings and birthdays OH MY! Most of the events are good though we did find out some sad news of two deaths in our family, on the Taylor side. I just feel like an incredible amount of life has happened in the past 6 days. I am terrified this is indicative of what the next year will look like. Scary.
Well I can tell you that this year, this six days of this year, has been incredibly full! The first day of the new year we loaded into the car and drove up to Memphis to meet The Moustache, other wise known as my sister's rather serious but not to be labeled dating partner. We also had a great dinner with some wonderful family friends - it's an annual event. And we all marveled at how much everyone has done and how our kids have grown. Yikes, our kids, yep I have a child, sometimes I forget that.  Then the next day Boo and the b.f. drove down to Oxford to hang out with us and the Baby Girl on her own turf. She has turned into quite the performer these past few months. Anyway, back to The Moustache (I prefer this spelling, it's fancy). He seems level headed, but its hard to see beneath all that facial hair. Appears outdoorsy while using $18 deodorant, so I am sensing some hidden high maintenance needs.No judgment here, I use at least 4 hair products. It was fun and what a risk taker; to meet the family and friends of a person you are so interested in - I mean we could be crazy. Bravo for him for staying at my parents house for four nights!
Monday was a blur of laundry - that is somehow still not done. And work has been busier than ever. What is it about the holidays that make you feel like to need a break before returning to work?
That is why I am so incredibly thankful for what might be my favorite Christmas gift - a trip to Austin, with babysitting included. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment