Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back from Texas

One of my favorite Christmas presents this year was a trip to Austin, TX to visit my sister! My friend Meg went with me and we had a wonderful and relaxing time. The relaxation was much needed. That and a lot of Mexican food, seriously I never eat so well anywhere else. I don't know what it is, but the food there is always so fresh and healthy. Most of the restaurants we visit are all about local growers and sustainability. And there is always a vegetarian and most of the time vegan option. So everyone was happy! And I finally managed to get my pregnancy weight gain on to the positive side, I gained 2lbs so I am now 2+ over my pre-pregnancy weight. My OB will be so proud, and will stop threatening me with Ensure shakes, nasty!

This pic was taken from my favorite meal of the trip, ha. Really it was a ton of fun and really good to see Boo Boo for several uninterrupted days. We did a little bit of shopping, went to this handmade art pop-up store, and did a lot of walking. I needed the walking. This poor baby is not getting nearly the amount of exercise that H got. But I guess it's the baby's fault because I was also not nearly this sick for this long either! Not that I am complaining, by this time with H I had gained 15lbs so now I just have less to come back from. Not to mention chasing a toddler helps - of course there is still plenty of time left to pack it on so I better not speak too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment