Monday, June 14, 2010

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Ever feel like your life is just the same thing on a different day? Like all you do is stumble to the shower, blur - blur - blur, crash into bed? I have been feeling like this lately. I hate that feeling. Because I know it is not really that way.
I do have some brilliant squeals and drooling grins to break it up, but those are so brief it seems! However, I think I have figured out a way to combat this feeling: Early morning workouts! Now stay with me here. I got up this morning at 5:09am and went to the gym and 2.3 miles and some sit-ups later felt like a new woman! I am serious. I used to do this on a semi-regular basis, pre-marriage, pre-baby...oh wait those happened at the same time. But I really did - early morning boot camps with mom and Dr. Rock and some half-marathon training as well.
This morning I got that feeling, you know the one - the one that is like "man this is awesome, WHY have I not been doing this all along?" Check back for the recap later tonight, I might be singing a different tune. But I am sure with some schedule adjusting I will be fine. And one of the best parts about it? There were no Nike shorts clad collegiates to content with! AWESOME!  There were maybe 5 people in the whole gym, I loved every minute of it, plus the quiet baby-free car ride there and back.
I am really hoping to keep this up. Today was day one. I am thinking I can do at least 3 early mornings at the gym, and then get in some other work outs at home. With all of the crazy happening in my life right now, I just had to make this happen. I didn't want to sacrifice time with Baby H or the Hubs to have some 'me time' so in the words of Gregory Alan Isakov "I'm saving all me sleep for oh another life..."

1 comment:

  1. I just love my lunchtime swims! It honestly feels decadent to bask in the cool waters of the pool with the sun shining down on me. It really is the little things in life that improve our days. Glad you found something to improve yours... I couldnt function without some kind of work out each day...

    ReplyDelete