Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Blogoshpere

In the online world most of us read what we relate to right? So most of my blog roll consists of mommy bloggers, a few friends, and some about cooking. Hey everyone has a fantasy, mine happens to be that I will, someday, return to cooking meals for our family. For now the Hubs does it - and man, does he do a good job!
So I am reading these blogs about parenting from the perspective of these moms, most of them with the dry wit and sass that I fancy we have in common. But here is the problem - they are starting to scare me! Most of them are about kids that are older than Not-So-Baby H. Stories about wearing the same princess gown for weeks on end or only eating one certain type of meal (these are not so serious) or others about 6 year-olds refusing to learn to wipe their little heiney or boycotting the pool at swim lessons. Yikes!
They leave me wondering if I am cut out for this parenting thing?  I have a few years to prepare for the crises and battles that lie ahead. I guess I am just looking and praying for solutions that doesn't leave me remembering my child's early years as a constant battle of the wills.
That and maybe I need some new blogs in the rotation - that are not directly about parenting. So throw me whatcha got!

No comments:

Post a Comment