Monday, May 23, 2011

Catching up...

Whew! Being pregnant with a toddler is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Or it is at this point anyway. God bless our sweet daycare teachers! So let's see, it has been almost a month since I have posted anything. Unfortunately nothing remarkable has happened, save the exceptional weight gain I have experienced, 12lbs in four weeks, eek! But my OB assured me that is it "all baby." Girls, this is how you know you have a good OB.
So here are some pictures from Easter, yep Easter was a while ago. The problem is our family photographer relocated to Birmingham, so unfortunately you will only get quality pictures on major holidays from this point forward. And our babies better be satisfied with phone pics of themselves - I mean who are we kidding, by the time they care about pictures of themselves everything will be on high tech devices, so really we are doing them a favor by saving a step.
I think it's obvious to say they are related!

When this little girl was born she looked exactly like her Daddy, so what does it mean that at almost two years old she looks very much like my father-in-law?
Bubbles have become one of our favorite activities, along with sidewalk chalk, playing in the yard and bossing around Lola. We are entering the phase of dirty and daily baths are pretty much a necessity. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, except that she has decided she doesn't really like bath and if she has to get in one she would rather not sit down. I have no idea where this determined nature comes from. Ha.
  This is one of the few family pictures we have. I keep thinking that a nicer camera will make me take more pictures, but I really prefer the arrangement we have right now: someone else documenting our lives is much more convenient and time saving. I joke, but seriously if it wasn't for one sweet sister-in-law we would only have about half the pictures of our child that we do.
Thanks to wonderful parents we have gotten all of the spring cleaning done in our yard and minimal planting completed. This will be a low maintenance summer yard year. We have half cleaned out a room for our new baby and my plan is to have it done by the end of June, with about four weeks to spare until arrival. So hopefully we will come up with some names by then.
We are loving our CSA and I have learned how to use green leafy things in so many ways. Disguising spinach or kale in a fruit smoothie is a perfect way to pump up my green adverse toddler. Our home is becoming more of a regular spot for dinner with friends, which we love. And The Hubs and I have both been challenged and are learning a lot about our relationship and our relationship with God. Exciting times.

Ok, I am going to try to be better about posting and taking pictures to post. I need to get in the habit now, or this second baby will end up having a baby folder instead of a baby book.

1 comment:

  1. I can really see the green smoothies working - y'all are glowing!

    ReplyDelete