Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Glad that is over

So, last week was hellatious! Yes that is a word, pronounced hee-el-ay-shus! It was an insane week at work - for a good cause - that ended with some nasty weather and a few threatening phone calls. Oh well, if there is anything that I have learned in my short (albeit full) life, it is that you can't make all the people happy all of the time.
Side step: I remember my mom telling me the quote from Abraham Lincoln at a very young age "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time" - I had a fictional language problem. And I quickly learned that Moms know EVERYTHING! Hear that Baby H? EVERYTHING!!

Anyways...so all I have to show for this weekend is this:

I have no idea what I have done. I blame that 19lb baby that I have been toting around. I am going to try this for a week and then see what happens. It was cheaper than a visit to the doctor, but it is really getting in the way of my blogging!

Baby H did attend the delayed, but wonderful Double Decker Festival, and she had a big time. And her first nap on the go. She passed out in her jogger and slept for a good hour while we navigated the crowds and crafts.

We have a busy week coming up. Lots of things on the schedule. Tonight is a public hearing for our not-so-big-but-rather-bad utility company. They want to increase rates by about 27% and that is just ridiculous, considering there are constant issues, boil water notices, I could go on and on. Any tips on how to shame them into better service at a reasonable rate?

I am still struggling with the working mommy guilt, but I have discovered a few things: I like to eat, I like to bathe, and I like to stay out of the rain - all very good motivators for staying right where I am. I never envisioned myself as a SAHM (stay at home mom), I don't think I would hate it, but I don't think I could do it full time either. For a lot of reasons...God bless those women that do.
I would love a few more non-work hours in the day though. I just keep daydreaming about what I could get done if I had an extra hour or two. I would LOVE to play with Baby H more, she is singing, clapping and wiggling up a storm! Now who wouldn't want more of that in their lives? But I would also really like to get a bit more cleanliness and organization done on the domestic front. The dust bunnies are winning this war and by 7:30pm I just don't have any fight left in me. And DON'T get me started about working out. I am doing Weight Watchers and I can tell a difference already. But I miss my daily runs and regular yoga schedule.
I know I can't have it do it all, but is it ok to want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment