Monday, May 17, 2010

Raising the water line...

In a matter of days Baby H will reach that unbelievable date where she has been on the outside longer than she was on the inside. Insanity. All those knowing and slightly snide comments "Don't wish your pregnancy away, they are easier to take care of on the inside than on the outside!" Sure, yea, yea, yea...this part is WAY SO TOTALLY AWESOME. Unlike the peeing every hour and ridiculous weight gain.  Now, if you have been paying attention you know that Baby H passed the nine month mark three days ago, but she hibernated 8 days past her due date, so a few more days to go before she crosses the line of outside vs. inside. I told her we are all expecting a full report within  days of that milestone, but judging by the grins and giggles I think she likes it better here on the outside. And I know, for all your biology sticklers out there that technically you are pregnant for 10 months, but who besides meticulous charting people knew they are pregnant the first few weeks?
Denial was a very happy place for me until I slipped up and told the Hubs that I was, erm, like on day 38 or something...oopsies!
This morning was an exciting one in the life of Baby H and a terrifying one for the three pound furbaby. Today was the day Baby H realized...hey wait a minute, you mean I DON'T HAVE to just sit here playing with my toys? I CAN MOVE?! Watch out dust bunnies and unsuspecting leaf and grass bits, there is a grimy baby paw making its way toward you. I am about to get my money's worth out of our vacuum...
Check out her serious cowlick! Oh and did I mention we are working on tooth number seven? I say we because everything around here is a group effort - whether we all like it or not.

2 comments:

  1. I think more annoying than peeing every hour is that the minute you get up from the loo, you feel like you need to go again, but obviously cant, so are stuck with the eternal 'I need to pee' feeling. That's worse than actually having to pee every hour. Makes car journeys a pain in the ass though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to slap people who told me that. Yes, I may be absent a baby yelling at me. BUT, I am not sleeping, I always feel like I have to pee, I am swollen, I waddle and my bp goes so high randomly I get dizzy and have a headache. I enjoy that baby boy way more on the outside. Congrats on the crawling and watch out, they get fast quickly. Then comes walking and EJ thinks the only way to go is at a run. Baby weight should slide off now, I hope anyway.

    ReplyDelete